Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Monday, May 15, 2017

Up in the Clouds: Sponging Technique

Welcome and Happy Monday! I have a beautiful and inspiring card for you today! The idea for this card came from a YouTube video which happened to have some sponging in it... can't watching videos be so much fun sometimes, I mean you never know what you are going to learn!


For this card I decided to sponge the background so I could give the appearance of clouds simply by sponging on some ink through my stencil. Sponging is such an awesome technique and there are so many different ways to do it. 

For this particular card I decided to grab some peacock ink, although you can use any color you would like, and a "stencil" that I made out of thick cardstock using my Cricut machine. If you do not have a die cutting machine you can simply fussy cut out a cloud or perhaps purchase a stencil/die. For the sponge I simply purchased a large sponge and cut it up like a pizza. This conserves the sponge and gives you the ability to ink using multiple colors. Then I laid the stencil down, inked it up, and started cirlcing it onto the paper in the same spots that I wanted the clouds to be in. Note that for the clouds I only inked the tops of the stencil. This created the white cloud with the blue sky around it that you see above. 

If you have never sponged before then make sure to give it a try. You can seriously sponge anything from backgrounds, to titles, stencils, and even layouts!! If you are interested you can follow along with me this week and I will show you all the cool things that sponging can achieve through inspiring projects, live videos, and more! 

As for that beautiful image it's a stamptangle balloon colored in using alcohol markers!! I know, I know! I LOVE those stamptangles too :) You can view more details on the stamp by clicking here

Thanks for stopping in today and Happy Crafting! 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment