Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Just For Fun: Stitched Jack-o-Lantern

Today's technique features a couple of new things, like a pieced together background and an amazing pumpkin stamp.

A while ago in my email I received a video from Jennifer McGuire teaching us how to use a inlay type of technique (you can find it here) and I decided that the background she created was beautiful so instead of creating the actual card I kind of went off on my own and came up with this card. 


The background is pieced together using scraps of paper from the Chillingsworth Manor paper pack. I then layered that on top of my black card base.

The Stitched Mouth Jack-o-Lantern image, which is a stamp from Just For Fun Stamps, is heat embossed using a black ink and a clear embossing powder.  Instead of coloring the image I decided to sponge it using Poppy, Ruby, and Fern inks. The "spooky" sentiment is from a friendly swap and is layered on top of a white banner (which I inked with black then faux stitched.)

 I hope you enjoyed my card for today! This card was my creation for this week's Sunny Day Crafting "Anything Goes" Challenge so I hope you come on over and play along with us.

Happy Crafting.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment