Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, October 21, 2016

Halloween Room Divider Card

Hi! Welcome and thanks for coming by today. Since it's my birthday today, I wanted to showcase something wonderful, beautiful, and unique and I hope I do just that. 

Today's card was inspired by a swap that I am taking part in where the liaison is teaching a number of new techniques that we are going to learn, create, and then swap. I know fun, right! If you are interested you can check out that group here


So the shape and fancy fold of this card is called a Room Divider Card. It's a pretty cool fold that stands up like a room divider, hence the name. 

You guessed right, for today's card I used the "Chillingsworth Manor" designer paper from Echo Park. I swear, I am going to make it through the  whole Halloween season using only this one paper pack. 


I also went ahead and used Green Duck's October Die Cut Kit for all of the accessories, except the sentiment which came from Graphic 45 "Eerie Tale." Don't you just love all of those die cuts!! The train was perfect for the middle of this card, and I honestly can't get over that adorable cat on the front. Seriously, this is a great monthly club so if you are interested you can check them out here


I found a single sheet of the Graphic 45 "Once Upon An Eerie Tale"  paper at my local Tuesday Morning, and this is my first G45 paper and so far, so good. You know G45 is like Tim Holtz where they have a very distinct image that can be a little scary, especially for a traditionalist like myself. My best advice for trailing outside your comfort zone is to just go for it and have fun playing around and figuring it out. Seriously, you never know what new and fun design niches you love if you don't try new things. Seriously, just do it! 

So anyway, thanks again for coming by today. I hope that you were encouraged to head a little outside of your comfort zone. :) See you back here soon. Happy Crafting. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment