Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Watercolor Bubbles: A CK Challenge

Welcome to Digital Thursday which typically means that there is a brand new Creative Knockouts challenge up and running starting today!! This week we are challenging everyone to use a tag on your projects. So whether you use a tag for your card or perhaps even as a stand alone (or set!) bring those projects on over to CK to enter for your chance to win three fabulous prizes from our sponsors The Stamping Boutique (2 images) & Glitterbabe-(1 image).

For this challenge I chose to use the fabulous Bubble Fairy from TSB and thought that she would pair wonderfully with some watercolor. So after digging deep for both my paints and my pencils and here is what I came up with. 


For the card I used the watercolor paint set that I have, which is a basic 21 color set from CTMH. This is my first watercolor set and I love it for the little bit of water coloring which I actually do. However, I do use my CTMH water color pencil set way more (it's what I used on the tag) and again I am no professional water color anything so my only advice is to play around and see what works best for you.  

One rule of thumb though, is to make sure that you print the image onto watercolor paper first. Using water color paper will prevent any leaking and will make the overall process way easier for you. 


As you can see I still need some work on water coloring, but I love the effect that water coloring adds. Plus with water coloring you are allowed to be messy (Hello!! Messy....sign me right up!) 


The pencils came out a little more subtle. I outlined around the images after the paint dried in an attempt to add more depth. It's always fun to play around with a new medium. Do keep in mind that when you are water coloring water also works as an eraser. I always have a napkin handy to add or remove water and color as necessary. 

Well there you have it a fun water color card/tag set inspired by the challenge over at Creative Knockouts this week. I hope to see you over there! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment