Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Monday, August 1, 2016

Easy Holiday Card

Well it's August already!! Where is my summer going?? Honestly, though I am not sure if it's because it's the D-man's last summer before kindergarten or what but summer is really getting away from me  this year. We have been so busy that August crashed right into me.

Anyway, today I am going to show you a really easy holiday card that you can make in really super simple and fast batches.


For a recent card swap, I was challenged to send "a holiday card with food on it" out to four different people. Four different people!! Ok, so that's really not that many, but it does require something a little simpler that you can easily create batches of...because hey if I'm making four of these puppies for others, then I better make some additional ones to add to my stash. So simple is easy, but it's also a card for the holidays so a little more elegance is also called for (in steps my embossing machine...) 

So, I started with preparing four A2 card bases (4.25" x 5.5") and then I ran them all through my embossing machine to create a pretty border around the cards. I then used my print and cut feature to cut out 4 of those lovely Mrs. Clause cookie platter images. Now, I am not going to lie, there were so many options with these cards (candy canes, gingerbread boys, ect...) but I wanted something unique and again elegant. So after I had these images printed and cut I laminated them (to add more weight to them.)  and then I finished the card off with some holiday ribbon,  twine and some red sequins. So very easy. 

Turning now to the inside of the card, I decided to add some additional holiday DSP in lovely Santa red. This helps create a heavy card and also helps with the elegance. Of course I saw yet another opportunity to use some lovely red sequins to glam it up a bit. 


Well there you have it. Simple, yet elegant. These cards were very easy to make in batches and could also be used in the gift card format found here

Thanks for stopping by today! 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment