Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, April 15, 2016

ScrapMuch Challenge! You're Amazing

This week's sketch over at ScrapMuch?! definitely challenged me to create a page using tools which I normally would not use...but that is why we join design teams right!? to stretch our skills and move outside of our comfort zones a little bit.  Here take a look at our newest sketch. 


Beautiful right?! But then take a closer look and notice all of the grungy background stenciling?!! And the beautiful edges which made me want to reach for my watercolor paints...but then I got a little intimidated! And so I stuck to my basics and went only a little outside of my comfort zone. 



I adore these photos and wanted to capture Moose Man doing some tummy time...and of course lifting that head and getting ready to crawl! Any day now!

For the background I got out my stencils and sponge and inked a couple of different blues in each. I used Lagoon from CTMH and Salty Ocean from Tim Holt'z distress inks. I then decided to play with my new paper pack from The Paper Studio called Little Boys and Their Toys. I purchased this paper pack because I tend to go through my boy paper much faster than any other paper.. go figure right!

Well there you have it for this week. I would love to stay and chat more but Moose Man is now awake from his nap so I am off to my other duties. Make sure to come on over to ScrapMuch?! and join us for this challenge and/or any of our other monthly challenges. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment