Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Pocket Letters - a new beginning

We made it to another hump day! D-man is on Spring break this week so I am a lot more busy than I normally am.. plus I have all sorts of crafty projects in the pipeline..think glass blocks, deck signs, and shirts galore!! So if you have not signed up to receive these updates through e-mail then there's no time like the present...believe me you will not want to miss these upcoming projects and challenges! 

For today's post I wanted to share a simple Pocket Letter that  made for a group swap. These little beauties are so popular right now and after I made my first one I quickly could see why.


For this swap we were challenged to use the following nine items as a starting point. The items were an owl, a key, a cupcake, a heart, coffee cup, crown, mason jar, butterfly, and clock. For the majority of these items I placed them right on the front using die cuts and the Cricut Explore. If I did not have a die cut that I wanted to use then I found a PL card, like for the mason jar, and used that. Some of the items, like the key, are hidden inside the pockets because they were metal accessories and that's where they fit. 


Here's the back of the pockets. I did not use any special formula to put this together or to determine what I put inside each one. My main focus was to get those nine items in the design and to make sure that I have a wide selection of goodies for my pen pal. 

So inside each pocket I added sequins, framelits, washi tape, some metal and gold foil accessories, gift tags, heart stickers, some pocket life cards and accessories, and then I filled a pocket with some phrases made of various materials. 

Since this is a new and trendy thing there are tons of photos and even recipe cards to follow. In fact Janette Lane is thought to be the founder of these wonderful letters and has a whole website with tons of tips and designs. 

I hope you enjoyed my project today! Feel free to come on over to my facebook page and share your ideas and letters! See you over there. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment