Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Embossed Deepest Sympathy

Well D-man is still off from school this week so I am going to keep this post (and card) nice, easy, and simple today. I absolutely love the look of white on kraft and this card shows exactly that. 


The inspiration for this card came from Pinterest and after I inked the flower in white ink I realized that it did not pop off the kraft the way I wanted it to, so I reached for my embossing powder. 

Embossing is a really fun and great technique to use when you are searching for a more elegant look. Some tips I have learned over the years include to use a pigment based ink (instead of a dye based one), always have atleast two embossing powders on hand (clear and white), and let your heat gun get up to temperature before melting the powder. 

I kept the inside of this card pretty basic. I added a piece of white cardstock and a Love much sentiment to it. I figured that the green ribbon would add a little bit of color and I colored in the flowers with a purple marker (for the same reason.) 

Well there you have it a nice and easy post for today. Make sure to come back tomorrow, and Friday, for this week's challenges.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment