Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Watercolor Pencil Snowman Card

Merry Christmas Eve! I told you it would not take us that long to get here. I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful and beautiful day! For today's project I created a card with a beautiful stamped image on it. I then took this image and watercolor penciled it in...which is very similar to watercolor painting except it leaves more of a pastel look and feel. 


That wonderful background paper is part of The Paper Studio's Three Seasons paper pack. I love this paper pack because it features a number of wonderful patterns that you can follow throughout the entire year. I then embellished the entire card using both red shimmer trim from CTMH and some red sequins, various sizes, which I had on hand.  

Again I used CTMH watercolor pencils to color in the image and the way I used them was a little new to me so I will explain it. 

I took some palette paper and colored on it using my watercolor pencils. I bought my palette paper in the art section of the big box craft store..it's actually called palette paper and is made of a shiny, non porous surface so you can add paint and water and what not to it without the fibers soaking it in. After I had a very heavy dusting of my pencil on the paper I simply took a wet paint brush and brushed in all of the color. This technique was a lot of fun to use and created beautiful and perfect shading. 

Well there you have it a new card and a new technique for you to try out. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment