Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Warm Wishes: White Inked Holiday Card

A couple of weeks ago while I was out shopping I decided to take a dive and purchase some white ink. Now I don't have that many ink pads, think enough for every color then a couple of ones with different shades, so maybe like 15 at most. I always tell new papercrafters that your supply will grow in time so don't go out and purchase everything all at once - this is the perfect example. Well anyway long story short.. white ink is amazing!! Think embossing without the powders and heat...yeah I know!! 


So I started with some Kraft colored  cardstock folded into a standard A2 greeting card (4.25"x5.5"). I then took a couple of different snowflake stamps and inked them in white ink and stamped away. This is called random stamping and some swear to a pattern while others just go  wild on it.. it's your card and your choice.. play around and see what feels better. One piece of advice is to put a piece of scrap paper under your base so you can stamp off the edge a little. I also stamped the baby blue paper with the white ink and the snowflakes. 

Next I layered some coca paper (with corners rounded) along with cream and that stamped baby blue. Make sure to stamp your sentiment onto the Cocoa before layering the other papers (again with the white ink). 

The snowman image is another stamp which I stamped in black ink and then fussy cut out (fussy cut = cut with scissors). I then took the snowman images and colored them in with some alcohol markers and adhered onto the baby blue. I finished off the card with a small bow using Glacier Twine. 

Well thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the cards and were inspired to head out and create something beautiful. 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment