Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

BTF Challenges: One Word Penguin Card

Happy Tuesday!! Today I have exciting news for you .... I have an excellent challenge for you to try this week. Over at BTF Challenges the theme for the next two weeks is to create a project with only one word on it.


I like these one word challenges because you really have to think and come up with a meaningful word. I never truly realized how many sentiments use more than one word.

Well, with the challenge ahead of me, I set off by digging out my White Pines paper pack and let me tell you a little secret.. This paper pack was sold out the other day, it's that beautiful!! Hurry on over and grab your's now while supplies last... it's such a beautiful combination of Cranberry, Glacier, and Fern. Perfect for the season and the holidays. (Only 52 more days until Christmas!!)  


I also used the Marjorie Ann Designs file Holiday Penguin which I fell in love right as soon as I came across it. This file comes with six little penguins each themed perfectly for the upcoming months. There's penguins with presents and penguins ice fishing, and so many more cute perfect for winter images. 

I pulled those same colors (glacier & cranberry) right on to the inside of the card. This helps to provide more weight and an overall solid feel to the card. 

Here is the inside of the card, again all paper came from the White Pines Paper pack. I simply love how this pack comes with both red/green and blue/white combos! 


Oh yea and my one word.. "Joy" was drawn out and added the that cut file using my Cricut Explore an a white gel pens (one of my "must have tools.") I also added some stitching to the front using that same gel pen.

Remember, this week we challenge you to get creative and to come up with any type of project that uses one word. It could be a title for a layout, a card, of perhaps some holiday & home decor! Then come on over to BTF and share with us.


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg

 
Post a Comment