Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, October 2, 2015

Marjorie Ann Designs Halloween Owl Shape Card

Happy Friday! This week flew right by and I have been so extremely busy preparing for the craft show which is just next weekend!! Yikes!! Talk about pressure. Well as Friday's have been going lately I have a really fun and festive card to showcase which screams adorable Halloween! 

The card for today was inspired by the wonderful line of shaped cards that Marjorie Anne Designs has available. These cards are wonderful and so easy to put together, plus the best news is that they come in a large variety of themes! You really can't beat it and if you have not checked them out then click on this link right here and it will bring you right over there. 


This card in particular is called Spooky Squeak - rightfully so - and can be yours for only $2.25!! The file comes with the complete mouse as well as the pumpkin, spider, witch hat, and sentiment so if you really want to get creative you can do so much more than just make the lovely and fun shaped card. Here is what the file looks like.

Spooky Squeak~Shaped SVG/MTC Card Kit/Cutting File

To add a little more spook to it I simply cut the card base out of cardstock and then again out of a patterned Halloween paper. I then cut the patterned paper in half and glued the front half to the front base of the card..easy peasy!

Another file from Marjorie Anne that I have been playing around with this week is the Halloween Hoots file. These files are so adorable.. I seriously cannot get enough of them. Plus you can cut then out as an SVG or print and then cut them out as a JPEG or clip art!! I love the options. 

So with the Halloween Hoots file I did something a little different and decided to make a little home decor item that would be perfect on a shelf or perhaps on a party table (if you're hosting a Halloween party this year.) Here is my little 3-D guy that I saved, the other two went to my son who loves to pretend play with them...another dual purpose :) 


The inspiration for this one came right off from the website file, which looks like this. 


Halloween Hoots SVG Cutting Files Includes Clipart

Check out all of those really great Halloween Hoot Owls all dressed up! I love it!! 

So to make this guy I simply cut out the witch/bat owl, the tombstone, and the pumpkin (all different images) and then I just pasted them on top of each other. I was initially going to make a scrapbook page but then I quickly decided to add a small folded rectangle to the back of the tombstone and wah-lah my little image is great for a shelf because it's now a stand alone! 

I plan on making all of these little critters to add to my Halloween Decor this year. Oh and that spider with the web....can anyone say peel and stick vinyl for my front windows!! I will make sure to post that once I get those all cut out and put on my windows.

Well thanks for stopping in today and I hope you were inspired to create something beautiful. I'll see you back here next week for some fast paced Craft Fair projects! 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment