Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Monday, September 21, 2015

Use Your Stash Blog Hop

Welcome and Happy Monday! Today I am taking part in a really awesome blog hop called "Use Your Stash" where some other CTMH consultants and I will be challenged monthly to use items in our stash that we have not used in quite some time. I am really excited to be part of this hop because, as with all crafters, there are always those papers, tools, accessories which get pushed to the bottom and forgotten about and this is the perfect way to get them back out and use them.

So, if you are joining us from Michelle’s Blog then you are on the right track. If for some reason you get lost along the way you can head back to Marilee’s Blog. to get the complete list of participants.

Again, this week we were all challenged to use any tool which we have not used in a while. Of course I jumped right to my embossing machine, which was one of the very first tools I bought and is therefore often forgot about and replaced with the heat embosser. So I grabbed my small texture boutique, dusted it off, grabbed a matching folder, and went straight to work creating a set of holiday cards.


These cards were so easy to make that I actually made a set of 5. 

I used some basic white and blue cardstock layered on a standard A2 card. I then sliced a snowflake image, found on the Artbooking cartridge, into the top white layer. When I had all of these cut out I took the top white layer and stamped the sentiment onto the front. This sentiment is from a packaged I picked up from Micheal's a while ago, so also from my stash of forgotten wooden stamps. (I'm getting pretty good at using my stash!!) 

After the sentiment was stamped I ran the layer through my embossing machine using a snowflake folder, again from my stash, and then I replaced the sliced out snowflake with a small dab of liquid glass right in the middle so that the edges could stand up a little and show off that lovely blue. As a final touch I added a small blue gem to the middle of the snowflake and there you have it - nice and easy, but yet so elegant. 

Make sure to head on over to Wendy's Blog to check out what she has in store for this challenge. Also don't forget to join our BTF Quote Challenge, today is the last day before we launch a new challenge - the only rule is to use at least one CTMH product on your creation.  

Thanks and Happy Craftin' 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment