Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Black & White & Watercoloring

Last week I was so inspired by all of the wonderful watercolor cards when I followed along our SOTM blog hop, which if you missed you can check it out here, that I wanted to re-create a card using a similar technique and I am so in love with the way it came out. 


That lovely background designer paper is from our new line called La Vie En Rose and admittedly at first I was not in love with this very feminine looking line. But then I purchased it and I opened up the paper and saw that in reality there was only 1 girly paper the rest are this spectacular black and white geometric designed paper and I am totally in love and glad I purchased out of my shell. Here take a look at all of the papers in the pack. 


As with most of our paper lines you can either be completely girly with those pinks and roses or you can take some of that black and white paper and do something completely off the grid. 

I also had another chance to use our lovely watercolor paints!! I love water coloring, it's so easy and the outcome is always wonderful. If you have not tried water coloring yet then you have no clue what you are missing, it's so much fun and it's all the rage in the industry right now! If you are a little intimidated about painting then CTMH has you covered and you can purchase the watercolor pencils first, like I did, and this will get you used to using water and paper together. 

Thanks for stopping by today!


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment