Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, June 12, 2015

Interactive Scrapbook Pages!

I have been searching around for a while now on a great site that offers classes where I can learn and grow and low and behold in comes Big Picture Classes! I quickly signed up and fell right in love with this site. The site not only offers a number of classes (which are all interesting) but the site also offers a community and a chance to interact with other members! Yay! Props to these guys for getting it right!! 

So my first class, which was a hard choice to make because I wanted to take them all, was the Interactive Elements by Stephanie Bryan. This is a really fun and easy paced class where in the first lesson Stephanie walks you through how to make a really easy flip flap layout for a scrap page. This technique can either be done on your electronic cutter (Cricut, Silhouette, ect..) or it can be done by hand, which is what I choose to do.  



This is such a simple and fun technique to add to your pages, pocket pages, or even to mini albums. Plus, you can use this technique if you have a ton of photos that you would like to fit to one page or even if you have some photos or journalling that you would like to hide. I used it just because it was fun and interactive and it was so easy I will be using it again and again in my upcoming pages! 

Here is 2 of the pockets flipped up. All four of the pockets flip up, keeping my first attempt pretty basic and easy to duplicate. The other two flaps have photos in them. 


To achieve this look by hand simply measure out your squares, mark the lines with a bone folder, and then cut 3 of the sides open with your exacto knife. Then layer your cut paper onto some additional 12x12 so when you flip up the flaps there is another layer underneath. Easy Peasy! Stephanie even provides a cut file for free if you take the class. Either way you should totally give this a try, it's so much fun! 

Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you were inspired to get creative and interactive on your next project! Make sure to follow my blog by e-mail to catch my upcoming projects from the rest of this Interactive Class, next week we will be adding story book elements to the flip flaps!! I can't wait!  


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment