Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Creative Knockout Washi Challenge

Good Morning Thursday! The week is almost over and oh, what a week it's been!! My four year old is going through a phase where he wakes up wide awake at about 3 in the morning and man it's a tough one!! We will get through and we will persevere!! LMAO... If anyone out there has a child you know what I mean how I feel.

Well good news is that today I have a washi tape challenge for you brought to you by our lovely design team over at Creative Knockouts. The design team always has such wonderful projects and I am so glad that I get to be a part of such talent. The sponsor for this weeks challenge is Sami Stamps and they are generously giving away a $12 gift card to their store.

For this challenge I wanted to make something that would help fill up my card stash. I feel like I make a lot of birthday cards, which is nice because I know a lot of people who have birthdays, but it is totally wedding/baby season in my world right now so I wanted to build up those cards to have on hand.


The purple paper I used is from the Taste of Summer paper pack (which is only available this month and is discounted!!) I love how versatile this paper pack is. I also used pear cardstock to help pull those leaves out of the image. The pink rose paper is from my stash and the sliver washi tape is actually shimmer trim from CTMH (I LOVE this stuff!!) 

The image that I decided to go with is from Sami Stamps and is called Bundle of Dreams. It's such a precious little image and I could not turn away once I came across it. I printed it out on white daisy cardstock and colored it in with my very favorite coloring tools, CTMH watercolor Pencils. 



I then carried the whole design into the inside of the paper and added another smaller sheet of White Daisy cardstock so that I could add a small vellum sticker sentiment. 


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you were inspired. Make sure to head over to Creative Knockouts and take a peak at what the other design team members came up with and don't forget you have one week to enter the washi tape challenge for your chance to win that gift card! 



 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg


Post a Comment