Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Graduation Card

I am so excited today because I found a new challenge blog called showCASe your style!! I love this blog and the variety it offers. Depending on the week the blog offers a new challenge every other week and they rotate the style of the challenge. So for example one week they will offer a theme or maybe even an inspirational photo, then the next challenge will be a color challenge. I happened to stumble upon the blog when they were offering a sketch challenge, which just happens to be one of my favorite challenges. 

Since this was a sketch challenge I decided to start diving right into the next card making holiday, which in my opinion is graduation!! Wow! I can't believe that May will be upon us so soon!! We have a few friends who are looking for graduation cards so I decided that would be the push I need to embrace it and here is the first graduation card I came up with. 


As you know I am a huge fan of purple and while I would often look to school colors for a graduation card I just could not resist making this one. Here is a closeup of the front panel.  


I made that background with my cricut, it was one of the free inspirational projects and I just swapped out their sentiments for my own banner. I then followed the sketch below, from the challenge, and swapped in some Paper Studio stickers. To give the card a little more dimension I inked around the edges with some Gyspy Ink. 

On the inside I decided to layer some White Daisy cardstock and adhered a Paper Studio "Inspirational Phrases" sticker. I added the gems to provide a balance since I wanted to leave some space on the bottom for a personal message. 


Here is the sketch photo. 



This challenge will run until midnight EST on Wednesdat April 15th, so there is still lots and lot of time to play along. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg



CTMH Materials used to make this card: 

12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock

Gypsy Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad



12" X 12" Gypsy Cardstock


Sparkles Clear Assortment




  
Post a Comment