Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Happy Birthday Card

I am working on putting together a beginners series of videos to help anyone new understand the ins and outs of making their first card, which happens to take up a lot of time, so I apologize for my direct and smaller posts lately :)

Today I have a clean and simple birthday card to show off. I found the inspiration for this card from Pinterest (love that site!!) and I fell in love with it because the color is so striking.


For this card I layered a white sheet onto an orange base. I then measured and cut open the side of the white so I could add that polka dotted rainbow paper underneath. It's amazing how much really colorful rainbow paper I have in my stash, and this was the perfect card to start using it. The butterfly was cut out multiple times on different colors, ranging from black on the bottom to white on the top. I then layered it keeping to the ROYGBIV scheme, which is the natural flow of our minds so it always makes the colors seem to flow better. I also added a rainbow stream of gems to give the appearance of "flying" and then stamped "Happy Birthday" in a Lagoon colored ink onto the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by today.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment