Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Creative Knockouts Shape Challenge

Welcome back to another Thursday challenge over at Creative Knockouts! This week we are showcasing Shaped Cards and boy how fun and challenging these can be. As always we have a wonderful and creative sponsor, Meljen's Designs, which unfortunately is closing down in April, but do have some wonderful (and now discounted) images, so be sure to head over there and show some love.

It was hard for me to choose only one image to use on my project this week, but I somehow narrowed it down and decided to use Little Umbrella Boy - perfect for the Spring season right!? I am happy I chose this image, however finding a shape was a bit challenging, or maybe it's because I have been battling a sinus infection and I'm working a little slow this week....who knows. So anyway, after a couple different shapes (clouds, umbrellas, flowers, ect..) I finally came up with rain boots and I love the outcome.


I used the Little Umbrella Boy image on top of some Skylark CTMH paper. I then used a brown twine from my stash to add a little interest to the top. I found the "be happy" sentiment in the KaiserCraft Blubelle collectible kit and thought that it added the perfect finishing touches.


I'm keeping it short and simple for today so I can go and get some rest. Thanks for stopping by and make sure to head on over to Creative Knockouts to submit your beautiful shaped cards.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment