Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Monday, February 2, 2015

Love Our Friendship, Heart Circle Card

I was watching one of my beloved mentors on you tube the other day (I can't remember if it was Jennifer Mcguire or Kristen Werner) and they showed me some great new techniques to use with your small stamps and to fancy up your envelopes and I wanted to pass them along in case you missed their video.

So first up is this fun technique that you can do with your small stamps. So what she did was she took her small stamps and stamped them into a fun shape. With this example, and with hers, I drew out a circle - marking my points with a pencil - then I stamped around that drawn out circle with a small heart stamp using a rainbow of colors. This is a very easy technique and it creates a wonderful effect. If you are going to try this you can use any shape (draw it out first) and any small stamp, the only thing I suggest though is stamping your sentiment in the middle and then stamping around it so that way you know how large you need your circle to be.


The second fun technique is that wonderful stamped envelope. I love how this technique looks. So in order to achieve the envelope look I simply taped a stencil on the envelope and then I used ink and a sponge dauber. This is my first attempt at this effect and it gets a little tricky, but it looks so cool. My best advice for this is to always start the dauber where you want the darkest color to go or to use a scrap piece of paper to make sure your colors are going from dark to light.  If you plan on mailing it, I recommend using a lighter color so that there is still room left on the front of the envelope. 

Ok, so enough technical talk today, I have some very fun news to share with you. I have been accepted into the Creative Knockouts design team!! This is a wonderful group of ladies who use digital stamps on their projects. This is a new endeavor for me and I am so excited to get started with them. Please head on over to their blog and take a peek and as always join me back here later this week for some more good news and a new tutorial.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment