Saturday, November 8, 2014

Happy Holly-Days

Welcome Back and thanks for stopping by today. I have a couple of really fun things to share with you so I hope you sit back and enjoy!
 
First up is my wonderful personal news.... are you ready for it... if you follow then you are already caught right up (and on my nice list for the year) and if you don't follow you can quickly catch up with this post then come back over and follow my blog by entering your email at the bottom of the left hand side bar (where it prompts you.)  
 
BTW if you are like me and briefly care about personal things and are just here for the cards that link also shows some excellent holiday cards for you to take a peak at.
 
Ok so really this time the great news is..... that this past Thursday my family and I closed on our very first home!!!!!!!! I know I am so excited too and this is one of those times where I wish you could put exponents after those exclamation points... you know to truly show you how excited I really am.. but you can't do that, so you will just have to believe me.  
 
Ok so enough about my family and I and now onto my designs! From one love to another. It's a pretty exciting post. 
 
For today I put together some really easy holiday cards using a really easy and basic layout. One card shows you a vertical open and the other is a little smaller and shows you a horizontal open.
 
 
 
The tall card measures 3.5" in width and 8" in height. The patterned holly paper (which I just adore with that ivory cardstock) measures half of the front panel, so each piece measures 4" X 1.75". The maroon centered layer measures 4"x2" followed by a ivory piece measured at 3.5" x 1.5". The sticker is 2 x 1.25" and was pre-bought and in my stash. If you don't have the stickers you can either make some of your own, add a die cut, or even stamp something onto a piece of cardstock, anything that will provide you with a focal point.
 
Moving onto the short card which conveniently 4" in height and 4" in width. The patterned paper is then half of the size of the front base again cut in half. The layers on this card measure 2.25" x 1.75" followed by another maroon measured at 2 x 1.5" with the sticker being 1" x 1".
 
 The paper all came from my stash and the stickers were a purchase I made at the local dollar store. Yes if you travel down through the craft/school isle at the dollar store you are bound to find some really cool dimensional stickers for only $1.00!!  A secret deal that I can never pass up with I am in that store.
I layered the stickers and then added a little pop using 3-D foam squares, this trick always helps to make hand made or dollar store stickers feel a little more expensive. I also made sure to use a heavy weight cardstock since the cost of material was fairly low.
 
So those are my exciting secrets of the day. Thanks for coming by and checking out my newest creation. If you are interested any of my products feel free to reach out to my at jenileighdc@gmail.com. Enjoy your weekend!
 
 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment