Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Monday, September 8, 2014

Thinking of You Card

One of my favorite co-workers had a family member pass away this past weekend and I wanted to make a quiet card for her to just let her know that she was in my thoughts. Sympathy cards are often hard for people to make because the tone is very quiet and subdued, however in my opinion these are one of the most important cards to give to someone.

For this card I wanted to keep the colors monotone and I could not pass up using that beautiful patterned paper for the background so I continued to use the brown tones... plus I absolutely love using brown and think that its such a great color.

 
The images are from old stamp sets and I apologize but I do not know the origins and the dragon fly adds to the card but was actually put there because I had an ink spot from the sentiment that I needed to cover.. very clever thinking on my end because I love the way it came out. The inside of the card is blank because we had a number of co-workers signing and passing on their condolences so the empty space ended up being filled with love.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my post today I hope to see you back here on Wednesday for a fun tutorial. Also don't forget to stop by PDE and check out the second half of our link party - the theme is puns and I promise it will make you smile :)

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment