Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Patriotic Cards and Challenges

Good Morning! I hope you enjoyed the new pun party over at PDE which started yesterday. I have a new found love for Puns and I promise you will too so head on over there and check it out. Plus with this link party you have two whole weeks to showcase your favorite pun on a card..so it's definitely worth checking it out.

For today's card I decided to catch up and take part in a couple of challenges. The first and primary challenge was over at Bitten by the Bug 2 where the challenge is to salute 9/11 and those who served and to make a patriotic card or layout. I am a huge fan of my native land and jumped right to this challenge. There are so many men and women, in the service industry and not, who show strength and bravery everyday and I am ever so grateful for the liberty and freedom which these people continue to provide to me in such a selfless way. I'm proud to be an American and thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has ever helped to strengthen our beautiful country.


The second challenge which helped with this card is one which the Paper Players are playing this week. The Paper Players are doing a Tic Tac Toe challenge which is so incredibly fun to take part in because not only do you get to choose the three elements but you get to also see a variety of very fun and random projects which are created using the below chart.

 
For my card I decided to use red patterned paper, I embossed the white with a beautiful star spangle folder, and then I added some white buttons to help make the card pop out a little. The card was very easy to throw together (P.S. I cut the stars from Cricut basic cut since my free hand is not the best) and therefore I had a chance to add a little flair to the inside.
 
 
 I hope you enjoyed my card for today and please make sure to head on over and take part in some or all of the challenges which I showcased.

I hope to see you back tomorrow for another challenge filled post.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment