Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, August 8, 2014

Tri Squared Birthday Card

I got a request last week for some more birthday cards so I decided to switch my focus from Christmas and start building a larger stash of birthday cards and tags.
 
This layout idea came from the CTMH idea book called "Originals" which is a great book for designs, layouts, and inspiration and I strongly suggest it for anyone looking to get into or just beginning their card making journey. "Originals" provides some great tips and tricks that are shared throughout the book and the designs are shown in both the layout form and then a couple of versions of the finished product giving you plenty of room for creativity.
 

I wanted to get a closer up on both that little red square and the statement which I stamped onto the card.

I decided to sand the edges giving the card more texture and I also used thread for the first time on a card! Sewing on cards provides such a great appeal and yet it is very simple to do, so simple that there are even kits which allow you to poke out random (or not so random) shapes so that way all you need to do it run the needle and thread through.

Over all I am happy with this design and how easy the card is to throw together. The card itself has a lot of different elements to it, yet with a couple of stamps and some scrap paper the card comes together in no time. 

Make sure to come back next week for some more inspiration and in the meantime make sure to stop over to Pause, Dream, Enjoy and join us for this week's link party which is all about kids.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment