Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cherry Birthday Cake!!

 Welcome to another challenge day over at Pause, Dream, Enjoy where today we start another challenge and this one is all about Punches and Metal Dies!

 
 
This is exciting and really a true challenge for me since I do not own any metal dies and I only have 1 punch!! So, for a solution to my problem I decided to dig out my 1" hole punch which Amber over at DeMask Love rocks! - if she can then I can too! Right!! And  I decided make this  really cool card with a the punch cut out cherries. Seriously check out those lovely cherries cut using just a 1" circle then sliding some twine through. Oh yea and make sure to check out the leaves also cut from the punch. :)
 
Go ahead and check out how Amber does it I swear you'll never want to stop making cherries. So easy to create and you have all the material right on hand.
 

I loved them so much that I added another set to the bottom corner of the envelope - right below the address section. And as for the cupcake - I cut him out from the "Create a Critter" cartridge, but if need be you could easily free hand two pieces of cardstock and then attach with your adhesive so that they overlap.

I also have been working on color combinations so I challenged myself and played along with SCS Challenge #491 
 
So Saffron
Bermuda Bay
Blackberry Bliss

Dessert Option: Put a sentiment on it!
 
Check out that sentiment... can you guess what I got in the mail the other day!!! .. if you're not sure then make sure to come back tomorrow and check it out... I promise to "ooohh. :)...
 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment