Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, July 25, 2014

Sympathy Leaves

 Hi and welcome back to another fabulous Friday post. As mentioned in this post I seemed to have hit a sympathy themed rut this week. It was a theme that I needed to work on and I think I am finally getting the hang of it.  
 
 
I distressed this card by sanding down the middle to create those white lines. It's a really easy technique and just requires a ruler and some sanding paper (or even better a sanding block which is angled). I then stamped and cut out those beautiful leaves and then I hand wrote the saying. I feel as though I often look to stamps for sayings and quotes because I am not comfortable with my hand writing, but I have to remind myself that sometimes having hand written sentiments adds a very personal effect.  
 
The tag is basic (inked around the edges) and then I tied some light yellow ribbon it and stamped sympathy.

I hope you enjoyed the post today and don't forget there is a new link party over at PDE where the theme is 3+ patterned papers.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment