Stepper cards are wonderful because again they are easy to put together and they give your card a new look and feel. Take a look at the card from the side and then I will post some directions down below it.
To make this wonderful card just follow the instructions below making sure to note that the left and right sides of the card refer to the sides when you are viewing the card from the front.
- I started with a 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" piece of card stock
- The next thing I did was to mark 2 1/2" in from the left side and cut vertically from 1" to 6 1/2" This is going to create the left side and right side of the card and allow you to fold the right sides. Make sure to start at 1" and not the edge of the card.
- The next step is to score horizontally at the following marks (on the right side of the card) 1", 2", 3 1/4", 4 1/2", and 6 1/2"
- On the left side of the card make a score mark at 4 1/4" and mountain fold it creating a horizontally folded card.
- Moving back over to the left side starting at the bottom (1" mark) do a mountain fold, followed by a valley fold (@ 2") then another mountain fold, valley fold and a mountain fold. - Use my picture above as a reference point and remember we started at the bottom.
The directions can be a little tricky at first but I promise once you make one of these cards it all becomes so easy and you will be punching them out as fast as a square card. You can always feel free to ask me questions through replying to this post, emailing me at email@example.com, or by stopping by our Facebook page.
I hope you enjoyed learning all of the new card folds this week. I am working on putting together a few more tutorials for the upcoming posts so make sure to add this site to your RSS feed or to follow by email.
Enjoy your weekend!