Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Monday, April 14, 2014

Clean BridesMaid Card

Happy Monday once again and I hope your day is off to a fabulous start. We have been having absolutely beautiful weather here in upstate NY so my whole weekend was spent outside soaking up some of the much needed sun!

No worries though because in between the sun & my preschooler I had a chance to get a card out for a little beginning of the week inspiration. I hope everyone remembers this beautiful wedding card that I made for a friend of mine. Well she loved that card so much that she has asked me to make the whole wedding party's thank you cards!! I know exciting (and challenging) right!?!!

The challenge stems from the bride's theme being very clean and simple. She is not big into a lot of glitter or even a lot of elements, however since it's a wedding I feel like there needs to be some sort of formal element. I know challenging right - pretty but not glitzy.

So here is the final product:

As you can see, and to make up for the simple and clean feel, I not only added those beautiful pink pearls but I also added a textured paper. I was stuck on whether I should emboss the background door not so I am also planning on making the same card with an embossed background just to see the difference.

Well I hope this card challenges everyone to step a little outside your comfort zone and make a card that is not typical for you. Use a color, embellishment, or technique that you have never tried or one that you have tried but have not succeeded completely at. Then come back and






 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment