Friday, April 25, 2014

Birds of a Feather in Skylark

I was not too sure what to think of the new skylark paper line at first because I love using bright colors and lots of sparkle... I mean what girl doesn't. Then a customer asked me to make some sympathy cards and if you read the posts earlier this week you know that this took me a little out of my comfort zone. After a moment of awkwardness and confusion in comes skylark with the subtle colors and a beautiful design and low and behold I have a great line for sympathy, weddings, antiques, or anything else that requires muted colors and designs. After working a bit on it I am so glad that I was offered this chance to work outside my comfort zone and I will be making more sympathy cards because I feel like I am just breaking the ice here.

As far as this card goes the bird, banner and background are all the skylark paper and I only used the two corner gems and a layered title to add some depth. I also think this card would look great on a brown or teal background and used the orange because I was trying to match up and pull from those beautiful flowers. Looking back however I feel like the orange/gold is too bold, but you live and you learn.



Seriously just look at that beautiful paper. I can't get over it. The phrase is from our Big Hug stamp set which again is a great stamp set for phrases and has become my favorite for this week of sympathy.



As always if you have some sympathy projects that you want to share feel free to stop on over to our Facebook page and share, share, share. Also stay tuned to the blog for upcoming tutorials and designs since I am currently working on my first Quilled card. For those that do not know quilling paper is such a beautiful technique that I will break down for you with pictures and projects. Better yet you should sign up to receive my updates by email so that way you can make sure not to miss a beat.

P.S. I also have a special announcement that is coming up that I am so excited to tell you all about! So Happy Friday & Enjoy your weekend and I will see everyone next week!

 
Post a Comment