Monday, April 21, 2014

Beautiful Blue

Sometimes starting out it can be difficult to come up with the right color combinations and therefore I posted this wonderful post full of tips and techniques which also outlines the some color schemes to try to stick with. But what if you have read that post and a million others and still can't quite get it. No worries and trust me you are not the only one who has a tough time. My advice if you have hit this stage is to try out a monochromatic color scheme and to expand out from that.

As shown below I stuck mainly with the blue on this card, adding a little bit of pattern to the bottom and then adding those beautiful skylark accessories - also in blue. The yellow was pulled as a complimentary color to add a pop.

 
With this card I added a sentiment on the inside and decided to leave the front simple. I really enjoyed how it turned out - even though that is not something that I typically do. Also remember to stick to the 3-5 colors per project because as you can tell that this card with 4 colors it is beginning to get a little busy.

If you are interested in checking out the skylark line further you can head on over by clicking this link.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment