Monday, August 14, 2017

Autumn Extravaganza (Week)


I am so excited to be posting on this lovely Monday! Today I have a really fun project to share with you that will actually be taking up a good portion of the week. As many of you know I am part of a couple different swap groups on Facebook and for one of them we were challenged to make an Autumn Extravaganza package which included a laundry list of hand made items ranging from a pocket letter to altered clothespins. Well I have finally finished this large project and wanted to share everything I made with you guys.

Here is a video showing off everything in the package.


That's a lot of stuff right?!! So let's break it down into smaller projects, just in case you get a little inspired.

First things first the presentation is where it's at. I used a CTMH bag along with an easy hand made banner across the top. I am also planning on adding my swap partners name with some stickers and maybe a couple of more smaller embellishments. This bag holds all of the goodies together.


First up are all clothespins that I altered in one way or another. The top two are actually left over from an Autumn Embellishment swap where I had to make embellishments for my partner. The rest just come from piecing flowers together and attaching them to a mini clothespin using a glue dot. These little embellishments are awesome, very easy to make, and work well for a little added touch to any project. I decided to package them up by adding them to my package of additional goodies.


 So what good is a swap without some extra added goodies?!! I had this wonderful kraft pocket in my stash and thought it would be the perfect place for added goodies. Now a lot of people over think the whole adding extra goodies to their swap when it's really pretty simple....we all end up with left over pieces after we make our project, right?? Well the only thing you need to do is simply add those "leftovers" to a baggie and pass them along to your swap partner. Pretty easy right. This step is not necessary, but trust me your partner will LOVE the added thought! 


 I think this creates a really fun "opening piece."

I kept the whole project very simple by using the same papers and embellishments all the way through. Everything was made using stuff from my stash and just mixing and matching things I already had on hand. 

Here is a closer look at the banner. Again very simple and easy but also really fun. I used some more of those mini clothespins along with a leaf image from my Cricut Library. I offset the patterned leaf which is slightly smaller than the background leaf and then I added a black 3-D letter to spell out "Autumn." 


I hope you enjoyed this part of my project. Make sure to come back on Wed. to take a closer look at the MemoryDex cards and the tags that I made. Then on Thursday I will share a tutorial on the flip book and finish out the week on Friday with the Pocket Letter. 

Thanks for stopping in today and Happy Crafting!


Post a Comment