Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Monday, June 19, 2017

Swap Kit Card: Doily Sponging Technique

Ok so I wasn't going to post this card because I am not a big fan of the way it came out, but I used a really awesome technique so I could not resist. Here take a look and then we will chat a little more about it. 


Ok so let's talk for a minute. This card (and all the embellishments) came from a card/tag kit swap where we were challenged to make a project using the materials we were provided with. Well in this set of stuff, I received some doily's and if you know me then you know that I don't really ever use doily's so I was a little thrown. Well after a some hesitation I decided to try something new and to sponge the doily look onto the extra piece of paper I was provided with and wah-lah!! now I'm a fan of doily's!!! 


This technique is simple you just take a doily, a sponge, and some ink and get to work spreading the ink onto the doily using a circular motion. You can go above the doily like I did or you can simply use the pretty lace design on the doily to create that lovely pattern. 

The best part of crafting is using your imagination!! I am now eager to learn about more ways to use these cut little things, called doily's. Comment below and tell me how you use doily's and maybe I will feature you in an upcoming post :) 

Happy Crafting! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment