Monday, June 12, 2017

Patriotic Card - Budget Friendly

Today's card was created to go along with a "4th of July" embellishment swap which will be coming to you this week on Wednesday. So I guess you could call it a little sneak peek to start your week.


This card was so easy to throw together and includes a pocket card as the front focal piece. I simply took this card (printed it out) and then added mats to it. Matting a focal piece, or any paper really, adds a lot of emphasize to the card. It provides a clean and finished look and is super simple and cheap (perfect for when you are working off a budget.) The two mats include the first layer in that blue star paper and then a thin ruby one underneath that using cardstock. 

Next, I used more of "The Paper Studio's All Season's" pack to layer a piece of patterned paper on top of the card base. Finally, I added a couple of foam stickers from the Dollar Tree (I know, I know it's my beautiful but highly budget friendly card right!!) and wah-lah I have a really striking and beautiful card ready for the summer. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the project.  

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment