Thursday, June 1, 2017

Jack Tag & Challenges

Today we have a brand new challenge starting over at Sunny Day Crafting and it's one of my favorite types of challenges, a tic-tac-toe board!!
No automatic alt text available.

I came up with a really fun tag using our Jack paper line. Also just in case you are wondering my tic-tac-toe is across the middle. I used the blue ribbon from our Enchantment pack along with our Jack cardmaking stamp set and die. Also let me be crazy for a minute and let you know how WONDERFUL the thin cuts are to use. It really makes stamping and cutting out images so extremely easy and quick! 


Ok so for this tag I started with a piece of 3"x5" red cardstock. I then took some of the Jack patterned paper and I measured it out so it fit the entire tag. I used the solid colored cardstock to give the tag a little more meat. After I had the plaid layer down I decided to layer on some more pattern paper, only this time I cut it to 3.5" x 3.5" so that the awesome red plaid could show through. 

I then cut off that B&T strip from the top of the paper and I created a border to cover that white patterned paper. Before I put the bottom strip on I decided to use that same stamp set and stamp "Happy Father's Day" across the bottom using a black ink. 

The images all came from the stamp set and were colored in using my watercolor pencils. These tend to be a little more subtle than the alcohol markers I normally use. I finished everything off by adding a couple of black enamel dots and some awesome blue twine (of course stapled..since that my favorite accessory for tags!) 

I hope you enjoyed. Also don't forget to head on over to Sunny Day Crafting and play along with us. We love to see your creations and this is the last challenge before we take time off for the summer. 

Happy Crafting! 

Post a Comment