Monday, May 1, 2017

Some Kinda Wonderful: Graduation Card

Welcome!! Today we have a brand new challenge over at Sunny Day Crafting which runs all month long. Every month we have a different theme and you can create any craft project as long as you follow the theme. This month we are being inspired by a photo!! I love photo challenges because there are so many different way to interpret them.
 Here is the photo: 


Since I have a little one graduating from Kindergarten (is that really a thing?!!) I quickly jumped to that theme and came up with this card. 


For this card I picked two papers from the "Some Kinda Wonderful" paper line which actually retired last month. When I had my base card chosen I inked around the edge of it with a "Peacock" ink. I then decided to take another matching paper (from that same line..that's how I know it matches) and make a larger flag for it - I inked that too. The flag and the paper just were not enough so I decided to wrap some "whisper thick twine" around it. 

That die cut/focal point was actually supposed to make a centerpiece...but I cut it a tad too small so I combined them all to make an awesome die cut. I popped it up with some 3-D foam tape which gave it added emphasis. 

Thanks for checking out my card today! I hope you enjoyed it and were inspired to head over to Sunny Day Crafting and play along with us. If you are interested in checking out our new paper lines, or even our clearance section, you can click on this link. 

Happy Crafting! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 

 
Post a Comment