Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Mother's Day ATC's

As one of my events this month (in a swap group I am part of) we were challenged to make some ATC cards, or Artist Trading Cards, with a Mother's Day theme. Of course, since I love mother's and ATC's, I jumped right on board and for today's post I wanted to show you what I came up with.


For all of these I used the "Hello Lovely" paper line and accessories which can be found here and are only available for this month - so if you love them go and grab them up before the new idea book comes out!! I also used last month's stamp of the month which is always a wonderful $5.00 investment. 

Here are each of the cards on their own.


For the one above I simply stamped the tea cup on some Fern paper. After I had that stamped out I took one of the sentiments, from that same stamp set, and used versa mark ink and some white embossing powder and stamped it. After it was stamped I heat set it to help that embossing powder melt. 

When using embossing powder I always use the fine embossing powder because it melts and sets a lot nicer. Another rule of thumb is to use baby powder and dust your image first. I did not do this above which is why my embossing powder stuck and melted to those random spots..like on the cup handle. 

Something that is new with our accessories is all of the beautiful gold foil!! The accessories in the "Hello lovely" line were accented by this foil and it's so beautiful on any project. I was able to keep the ATC pictured below very simple because the foil really made it stand out.


And now onto my favorite one!! To get the awesome image below I stamped the tea cup, which already had that sentiment so it was super easy, onto some sea glass paper then I fussy cut it out. I then traced the outline of the cup onto some white paper and started getting to work on those flowers. To get the flowers I stamped the image three times onto the white paper using the outline as a guide. Then I glued the tea cup right onto the white paper using that same outline that I traced before. To finalize it I colored the flowers in using markers


To finish up all three of the ATC's I decided to add some of the assorted silver sequins that I had in my stash, they can be found here if you do not have any. 

Now I mentioned last month's Stamp of the Month and since we are a new month this one is no longer available at a discount. However we offer a wonderful D-Size stamp set every month at a discount of over 70% and this month's is just as fun as last month's. Here check it out. 


If you are interested in placing an order you can do so at this link. I am also looking for hostesses, either for online or in home parties, and I have lots of prizes up for grabs so please let me know if you are interested in hosting and earning some free products. 

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy Crafting!

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment