Monday, November 21, 2016

Just for Fun: Embossed Resist

Today I have a project that I created for the Just For Fun Stamps design team using their wonderful Star Stamp found here. Now when I started this project I was under the impression that the stamps I was using were snowflakes. However little did I know that the stamps are actually stars. Duh, what a shocker that should not have been. Either way I love the way these cards came out. 


The technique that I used on these cards is called the Embossed Resist technique. If you are unfamiliar with this technique the best way I can describe it is as follows. With the emboss resist technique, the goal is to emboss images onto a white or lighter colored background. Then apply a darker color ink to all or parts of the images. These two techniques will make the embossing powder sand out against the background. 
It's a really fun technique if you have pigment ink and some embossing powder on hand. Simply heat emboss some images onto your cardstock and then take a sponge and color in your ink. That's all there is to it. 


After I had the embossing and inking done I simply layered the card to help that ink stand out. I then added some matching blue gems to the center of those stars. The "Season's Greeting's" sentiment was drawn out using my Cricut and a Tim Holtz's embossing pen. I then heat set that the same way you heat set the stamped star images. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Make sure to head on over to the Just For Fun blog to see all of the new projects and stamps. Happy Crafting. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment