Thursday, November 10, 2016

CK: Outdoor Fun - Santa Selfie

With how serious things have been lately, you know with the crazy election and all, I decided today would be the perfect day to kick back and have a little fun. Of course, it's also Digital Thursday so along with fun, I also have a brand new Creative Knockouts Challenge called "Outdoor Fun."


For my card I used the "Santa Selfie" digital stamp from Dr Digi. This is a really fun stamp and so easy to color in. I printed the stamp onto white cardstock and then I went to work coloring it in with my watercolor pencils. 


For the designer papers, I used The Paper Studio's "All Season's Three" paper pack along with some solid colored cardstock from my stash. I also decided to carry that lovely green pattern paper onto the inside of the card. 


I used the Paper Play Sketches, #20, to start off my design and quickly ran into a problem. The design sketch called for a folded corner and I was dead set on using the lovely single sided paper, so I decided to take some scraps and glue it onto the back of the red paper leaving that green pattern to poke through. Wah-lah instant double sided paper.  

Moving on to the inside of the card. I chose to use that same green paper that I used on the front and attach it to the base. I then layered some white cardstock and stamped a fun little sentiment. 


The sponsor for this week's CK challenge is none other than Dr Digi who is giving one lucky winner two free digital stamps so make sure to come on over to Creative Knockouts and play along. Thanks for stopping by today. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment