Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Sunny Days: Birthday Happy Mail

Wow! We are already into October!! Where did this entire year go?! Well October is my favorite month and I really can't complain. The month of October brings with it not only the solid fall season, but also Halloween, and of course my birthday!! What a great month, right??! Well to celebrate this joyous occasion I decided to find another person who has an October Birthday and swap some Happy Birthday Mail with them. 


This really fun pocket letter uses the "Birthday Boy" paper pack from Echo Park and is filled with tons of little pockets and flaps. I started with some of the papers printed journal cards and die cuts and just started fussy cutting, layering, and gluing. I like to keep my pocket letters flat so that they can fit into an envelope. 

Some personal touches include a really adorable pink "pen pal" button layered onto a home made journal card and that beautiful butterfly tag which kept my letter safe. These were made using items out of my stash. 

Pocket letters can be a little intimidating at first but if you break them down into one square at a time then they are really not that bad. A little tip I learned is to make the middle square a shaker. This not only frees up some design ideas but it also make it look really adorable. I also always add a letter or an about me note to the first pocket. 


This PL was a project that I submitted for this weeks Sunny Day Crafting Anything Goes Challenge, which is brand new today, so make sure to come on over and play along with us. 

Thanks and Happy Crafting. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment