Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sunny Day: 3 in 1 Birthday Set

Today is another beautiful day and another wonderful Anything Goes Challenge brought to you by Sunny Day Crafting. 

For today's project I decided to make three different cards using the same paper kit, "Birthday Wishes" by Echo Park. I am always one to promote purchasing paper kits because I feel like you always get more bang for your buck. Since most kits include coordinating papers along with matching accessories you seriously can't go wrong.  It's everything you need for a project all in one place.


This line is geared towards a younger boys birthday, but as you can see I used it for a variety of different cards. It has a lot of fun designs and patterns including cupcakes, stripes, balloons, and even a set of journal cards that can be geared towards any light hearted, fun filled, birthday. 



The first card I made was so simple to make. I simply cut a piece of solid colored cardstock into an A2 card base (5.5" x 4.25") and applied the journal card to the front at an angle. I then wanted to add a little bit of interest and decided to roll up the corner of the journal card and make a little bow for the cupcake. I then applied some of the stickers from the coordinating sticker sheet (I love kits!) and there you have it, card #1 done. 

The second card was inspired from a card sketch in one of my reference books. Card sketches are such a wonderful starting point for cards and even for layouts. I use them all the time and feel like it takes a lot of work out of the initial starting process.  


And then finally the last card I made by throwing a bunch of the stickers on some extra scraps of patterned paper. I eventually end up moving the cupcake over to the "fun" sentiment but never captured it on camera, my apologies. 


I love getting the letter stickers and use them all the time to spell out sentiments, so don't ever overlook these. 

I hope you enjoyed these three cards today and I hope that I helped to show you that you don't need fancy machines or items to make beautiful cards, oh and that paper kits are awesome! 

If you create something wonderful this week please make sure to come on over and share it with us

Happy Crafting. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment