Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Design Team Announcement!! Baby Boy Mini

I have exciting news to share with you today!! The Design Team over at Sunny Day Crafting! is now back from summer break and has some new and very talented ladies. If you haven't heard about this blog then head on over there and check it out. This is such a fun group of ladies and the challenges are weekly Anything Goes challenges!! So make sure to come on over and play along every Tuesday.


This is a really dedicated and talented group of ladies and I am so excited to be along for the ride so to celebrate this really awesome occasion I have decided to finally share my "Boy" album.


This uses the same technique as my other albums and includes tons of flips, flaps, and tags!! 




This paper line is really fun and definitely geared towards a bigger kid. There are tons of fun gears, signs, toys, and other big kid things like yo-yo's and tree swings. 


One of the really nice features of this album design is that there are places for tags everywhere!! I love making tags because they are a really fun accessory that you can easily make from all of your leftovers. I made these tags using some extra paper pieces and some retired twine from CTMH.



I absolutely love the orange and blue color combination!! So much fun. Of course I always add some of my own accessories to these albums and since I have two little boys I have tons of extra boy embellishments, like this mustache one here which came from a pen pal swap. 






I love all the airplanes and flips and flaps like the one pictured above. I just fussy cut one of the pre-printed designs on the paper and then glued the edge onto the page so the smaller page flips open. 

The larger tags pictured below slides into the pocket and tucks away. They are so cute and would be perfect for picture holders or even journal cards where you keep your stories and memories. 


This is the other side of the 1/2 page flaps. I love the bold patterns in this line.




The entire album has a chipboard cover and a wonderful binding system. I found the original pattern on My Sister Scrapper's YouTube channel found here. (BTW MSS is another great papercrafting resource so check her out, I'll be right here...) 


Some more tags which are just journal cards cut out of the paper pack. 

Oh and if you are looking for extra photo space, these are wonderful 6"x6" frames that tuck into the page  would be an excellent spot for pictures, souvenirs, or really anything at all. 

The ribbon for these is stapled on and is another retired ribbon from CTMH. I love stapling on my tags, it's so quick and really adds to the tags. 


I decided to leave the back plain, but you could decorate this side with DSP patterned paper if you desire. 





Thanks for checking out my post today. If you are interested in checking out more of my minis you can find them here, I also have pen pal stuff here. Also make sure to come on over to Sunny Day Craftng and check out the other talented ladies on this new design team, and while you are there make sure to play along with our Anything Goes Challenge.

Happy Crafting! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment