Thursday, September 15, 2016

Creative Knockouts: Winged Wonders

Thanks for stopping by today as we celebrate a brand new Creative Knockouts Challenge! I love playing on this design team and experimenting with coloring different digital stamps from tons of spectacular companies and this week is no exception. Our theme this week is "Winged Wonders" and our fabulous sponsor is Emerald Faeries so make sure to come on over and play along. 
http://anitasdigiart.blogspot.ca/p/emerald-faeries-stamps.html

For this week I chose to paint/color the Bindie image from Emerald Faeries online store. 


For this card I printed the image onto watercolor paper then got out my inks and pens. I sponged some Tim Holtz Distress ink onto the sky background, then I sponged in the grass. For the image and all the adorable insects I used my alcohol markers and a wet paint brush to blend. 

The rest of the card is pretty basic with some layers and twine wrapped around the card cover. I also carried that blue paper onto both inside flaps to give the card more weight. The "discover" sentiment is fussy cut out of some paper and then popped up using 3-D foam tape. 

Again, our wonderful sponsor this week is Emerald Faeries week and they are offering one lucky winner a $5 gift card to their store so make sure to come on over to Creative Knockouts to play along. 

Happy Crafting! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment