Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Taggin' It (#3): Easy DIY Holiday Gift Tags

Ok so as I mentioned I am challenging myself to get better at making gift tags and the only way to get better at something is to practice, practice, practice. I figured that I would finish off the month with another holiday tag set and so that is what I am bringing to you today. These tags are super simple and ended up coming out really cute so sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy!


I wasn't sure how these ones were going to turn out and I was still playing around with making tags (hence the staples) but again I really like these ones. The gingerbread guy was cut using a Cricut Cut and was just thrown in with this set because I am sending them all out to a friend as one package. 


As far as the Santa tags, I used all scraps to make these which was really nice because I am always looking for new ways to use scraps. I cut three equal strips using red/holiday DSP and then a thicker black strip to act as Santa's Belt. I found some really cool black embossed foil paper in my stash and it was all over from there. I then attached white buttons using glue dots (my favorite button/flower adhesive.) I then took some of my green ribbon and stapled them on the top. Easy as pie! The back is left blank so that you can add a personalized to and from note. 

The idea of using staples can create a very unique and fun element to your designs and I am really excited to play around with it. Whether a pro or newbie, I would love to see some tags that you have made and if you are interested in sharing feel free to come on over to my facebook page and share along under this post. You never know when I will have a prize package up for grabs so come on over and share!! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment