Tuesday, June 14, 2016

SPS Challenges and Special Day Card

Last week over at Split Coast Stampers we were challenged with various themes including Polka Dots and Stripes, a color challenge, and a sketch challenge and since it was my first time playing along I decided to go big and combine all of them and today's card is what I came up with. 


Now, this is no where near what I initially was going for, however, I had some Cricut problems and this is what got and I am happy with the results. Hey, sometimes the road traveled leads us to a new destination..or something..right?! Here is a closer view of the front. 


I used my Fuze tool to create a sparkling pocket and then used this to make a shaker card. I then popped up that DSP (poolside from Colorbok) using 3-D tape. 

The color combination we were challenged with included some blues and greens and is shown below. 


I then used the following sketch as a starting guide. 

I normally would not have placed the three flowers there, but following the sketch and being behaved I figured that I should just keep them there. 

If you have not check out this site yet then make sure to head on over there and play along. This is a community filled with card crafter's so be prepared to get friendly and to have a lot of fun! 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment