Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Black & White with a splash of Red

Hello and Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I have what I consider to be my first successful mini PL (or pocket letter!) These things are such a great idea, but I get so lost when making Pocket Letters that I can never get one quite right. Well that is until I found this wonderful video from Lil' Hot Tamale! Meg does such a job at keeping things fun and simple - so thank you Meg for introducing me to a whole new world of easy pen paling. :) 


Here is my take on the letter. 


I decided to use our Swap theme White & Black with a Splash of red because I thought that was a really fun theme. 

I received a beautiful pen pal project a couple of weeks ago and the crafter had mentioned that she hand made her rosette (which was absolutely beautiful!!) and I was instantly inspired and off to go figure out how to make these beautiful little (perfect for PL) embellishments!! And to no surprise, handmade embellishments are so beautiful and always so super simple! 

P.S. If you do not know how to make these bad boys, then you tube it.. they are so easy and beautiful to make! 


And now onto the back. 
I simply love the white and black glitter paper embellishments!
To make these, I ran the glitter paper through my Cricut and in an instant
I had a bunch of butterfly's, stars, and hearts that I could easily add to my mini. 

The background paper along with the tags all came from CTMH. The paper is from the La Vie En Rose line and the tag is from their wonderful "Packages, Boxes, and Bags" occasions stamp set. I then used a cranberry ink to decorate the tags. Along with washi from my stash I decided to help pull some shine through with some CTMH Red shimmer Trim. I also used some black and white Bella Blvd. accessories and some gems from my stash to complete the look. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you were inspired to create something beautiful.. and hopefully to try out a new Rosette Technique (or even make a bunch for your stash...you seasoned crafter..you :) ) 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg

Post a Comment