Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Cricut Make It Now: Flower Bouquet

So now, after that crazy busy and crazy early May/Mother's Day weekend I can finally show you this spectacular Lilly Bouquet I made for my very own Mother. I mentioned last week that I was very busy with projects galore and now I can show them all to you and I know you have been waiting a very long time, trust me I have too, and this is the perfect Wednesday to kick things off! 

As I mentioned this was a project which I found in the Make it Now section on the Cricut Design Space website. This is a wonderful spot to look for inspiration and even for easy to follow projects, like the ones I am showing you today. 


So, after my hot glue gun got fired up these beautiful flowers were coming to life. The directions called for the new Ombre paper that I believe Anna Griffin has out now, but of course I heard ombre and immediately reached for my sponges and ink! I think they came out lovely but using a beautiful specialty paper would have been really nice too :) 


I tried to put a glitter "stem" center in the middle of the flower and then realized that I should have used double sided glitter paper (if they even make it!). Oh well though because when you see the glitter shine through it's quite lovely!


Then of course I topped it off with a nice glass vase and some thick ribbon. Oh, and don't forget the card, also from Make it Now! 



Thanks for stopping by today! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and had a beautiful Mother's Day! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment