Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Vinyl, Vinyl, & Some DIY Apparel

I absolutely love working with vinyl and there are many different kinds of vinyl and believe me vinyl can literally go on anything!! I think that's what makes it so much fun. My favorite kind of vinyl to work with is HTV or heat transfer vinyl (which is not as scary to work with as I once thought.)

For today's post I wanted to share a couple of my recent vinyl shirt projects that I have made. The first one is my camping shirt and came from a file that a friend shared a while back. Vinyl is so much fun because you can literally design anything then just cut it out and iron it on to anything...so in short terms it leaves you a lot of creativity and room to play. 


I truly love camping so I took this design and I put it onto a zip up hoodie that I had purchased from the store. The whole project took me about a half hour all together. The longest part of vinyl is designing and then weeding (or pulling all of those crazy circles out of the "a's" and "o's." 

The next shirt became the party favors for my son's Mario Birthday party and to create 10 of them it cost me less than $15!!! Talk about awesome and cheap party favors. 


This vinyl was a little thicker to work with and quickly became lesson number one in vinyl...Vinyl does have different levels of thickness and I prefer Siser Vinyl when I am working with HTV. 

So I hope you enjoyed my projects for today. You can view these and other projects in my store on my facebook page or you can email me for a free consultation. 

Thanks for stopping in and feel free to come back here tomorrow to play along with our Creative Knockouts Challenge. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment