Monday, March 14, 2016

The Guys & The Monkey Bars Layout (Challenges)

 Happy Monday! I hope that you had a chance to join us over this past weekend introducing some of those beautiful new Marjorie Ann Designs cut files and digital stamps. I know that I cannot wait to start playing around with some of her brand new digi's. Does anyone else feel that digital stamps and coloring can be so addicting?? Almost as addicting as scrapbooking.

For today's post I have a layout which was inspired by the lovely ladies that put together the wonderful Scrappy Friends monthly inspiration. These ladies run three separate blogs and get together at the beginning of the month to challenge you to create a layout using a sketch, a mood board, and a "this or that" theme and I often try to incorporate all three into my layout. So here is this months take on those challenges.


These photos were taken a couple of months ago, but I had to scrap them since it was Doo's first time across Grandma's monkey bars by himself!! This is such a huge feat for the little man since he has been working on those monkey bars for 5 years now and he finally got them by himself!!! Well at least most of the way, which in mom terms counts. 

Here are the inspirational pieces that I used. 

Creating with Paper and More mood board. I was a little stuck on this one since I do not celebrate St. Patrick's Day all that much so the shamrocks and holiday theme would not be easy. Then I saw that picture on the bottom with those great colors and that beautiful flower and that quickly inspired me to use those colors and of course the pictures that I used are from nature (like flowers..) 

I also used these two challenges which are more self explanatory. 

 
Rochelle Spears, who always has a great option card available. Of course in my layout I went with polka-dots on the yellow paper and again on my tag. 

Then there's the awesome sketch by GrandDiva


The only thing I changed on the sketch was to make the bottom two pictures on the sketch one picture on my layout because I changed the orientation of it. 

As with most scrapbooking challenges you have all month to play along with 1, 2, or 3 of these challenges so I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful and that you come and play along with us. 

Thanks for stopping by

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment