Tuesday, February 9, 2016

You & Me Layout + Challenges!!

Welcome to another lovely day here in Upstate where today we actually got some of the much anticipated snow and I was able to take D-man out to play in it!! We have been waiting all winter to play in the snow and while I went through a few years where I didn't care for it..having an almost 5 year old brings all of that excitement right back. 

Today I have a really fun layout of the D-man and I (no snow pictures yet) but these are from a couple of week ago so they are recent. I always see challenges to get yourself photographed and scrapbooked because as hobbyist (and moms) we often do not capture ourselves in photos..so this is my attempt at that. 


I had a lot of fun making this page and using all of those bright colors above the black. The papers and the bubble gems came from the Kaleidoscope Paper pack from CTMH. This is a really fun and vivid paper pack to use. The rest of the inspiration came from a few challenge sites which I will list below. 

The first and main site was the Creating with Paper and More blog where Kelly has a wonderful mood board up for the month of February. 


There was a lot of options to play with here and I choose to pull the hearts (and that blue out) and use that as my foundation. I also liked how those cupcakes in the middle repeated so that's where the idea of that green heart background paper came from. The actual cut is from the Artbooking Cartridge from Cricut. 

While I was playing around with Kelly's challenge I also decided to go right ahead and play with the other challenges she teams up with. These include the sketch found here and the this or that challenge found here (which was to use a Polaroid frame.)

Here's the Grand Diva's Sketch: 


I know really fun right! I chose to move the title to the top since I had some extra space up there and I was even able to get a little camera (on the gem) onto my layout which I thought was fun. 

I also decided to enter this layout into the BBTB2 Challenge this week which is to use hearts. 

I hope you enjoyed my layout and were inspired to head out and check out some of these wonderful challenges! Thanks for stopping in and I hope to see you back. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment