Thursday, February 18, 2016

...In the Rain...

It's been pretty rainy and icy here lately and today I have the perfect card to lift up your spirits! I also have a couple of fun weekly challenges including the new Creative Knockouts "In Stitches" challenge sponsored by The Paper Shelter

http://www.thepapershelter.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=hgp5cmp6tmdi6uk2o0s3e6eq07

These guys offer some really beautiful images and I love using them! Today I decided to get out my Carta Bellla "Boy Oh Boy" line and show how feminine it really can be by using the image Autumn Love.. I know Boy Papers with Feminine touch?!?!! AND Autumn in the Spring!! But really, here check it out. 


And that beautiful image. 



I used some liquid glue on top of the umbrella to add an additional rain touch. And I love how the aqua dots (CTMH) finished off the "rain" on DSP part of the card. 

In fact, I was having so much fun with this card that I decided to print a little phrase and add it to the inside. 

<3

So as I said I have a couple of challenges for you today. I have the wonderful Creative Knockouts "In Stitches" challenge that just started today and I also was inspired by the Mojo Monday Sketch for this week. 


This sketch mainly inspired my background paper layout. I really enjoyed using that "block" type pattern. I also thought that the diagonal line instead of the straight line in the middle would add a little pizzazz and I loved adding that third pattern. Of course my stitching comes in with that really fun blue paper on the right. 



I also decided to go with a flower that I picked up in a "Jot" collection.  Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you enjoyed my project :)
 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment